NAMFLEG petite round pendant is made of 18K gold-plated 925 sterling silver. It features champlevé hot enamel decoration and a bail set with cubic zirkonia. Fully handmade.
Pendant diameter – 13 mm.
Weight – 3 gr.
The chain is not included.
NAMFLEG Jewelry: Rare and Precious
NAMFLEG jewelry is a love story between silver and hot enamel. Our artisans have combined precious metal and melted glass and put some warmth and tenderness into each piece.
Cloisonné enamel technique is the most sophisticated and laborious of all enamel techniques. It’s about creating a unique pattern on the jewelry piece by soldering a hair-thin gold or silver wire. After that enameller places the powdered enamel into each cloison and fires the piece into a muffle furnace at 800°C. Enamel fills in all cloisons, melting into a colored glass – a timeless piece of art.
Our fundamental principle and guarantee of quality is dedication and passion for creating beautiful things. Each NAMFLEG piece can be proudly proclaimed as unique and one of its kind. Explanation to this is natural origins of material and manufacturing technology based on 100% handmade production.
Art of Magnificent Jewelry
Cloisonné enamel technique is the most sophisticated and laborious of all enamel techniques. The essence of cloisonné enamel is creating a unique pattern on the jewelry piece by soldering a hair-thin gold or silver wire.
This wire is bent by pliers repeating outlines applied by the artist. As a result, thinnest compartments («cloison» in French) arise on the surface of each piece. This technique makes enamel pattern remarkably dimensional, full of details and infinite number of shades.
Hot Enamel. Difficult, Long, Expensive.
Artisan applies grinded glass on silver or gold base, color by color. After applying each layer the piece is heated in kiln at 800 degrees Celsius. Then the piece is cooled and procedure repeats again, from 5 to 10 times, until required enamel hue and color depth are obtained.
(Firing temperature 800°C. 5-10 firing procedures)
Meticulous work on exclusive hot enamel jewelry piece takes a whole day. But the final result is definitely worth waiting.
This is what makes Namfleg unique among all other jewelry manufacturers – mechanization is completely eliminated and all operations are done entirely by hand.
(5 working hours to create each piece. Entirely handmade)
Only precious metals
Hot enamel is applied only on precious metals, which is why all Namfleg jewelry is made of 18K gold or 925 sterling silver. Silver is coated with rhodium or 24K gold during electroplating process which protects metal from tarnishing and impacts unsurpassed brilliance.
Your family jewel. For ages.
After firing in kiln precious metal and enamel merge seamlessly together. Melted glass hardens forever, but when putting Namfleg jewelry piece on, it feels like enamel is still alive, airy and with striking deep color. It seems fragile, but this impression is deceptive – thanks to firing at high temperatures its beauty will last for ages.
Glass and metal – main jewelry components. Fade and scratch resistant
Your Majesty will be pleased
Priceless Easter Faberge Eggs ordered by not only members of Russian royal family, but also by European royal families, have earned House of Faberge a world-renown name.
Carl Faberge kept each his future creation in secret and didn’t reveal it in advance even to tsar Nicholas II. «Your Majesty will be pleased», – he used to say, which always proved to be true.
Exceptional fantasy, magnificence of lustrous gold and silver coated with opaque and translucent enamels is a modern masterpiece presented to you by Namfleg. And we have no doubt that you will be pleased indeed.
Enamel Renaissance by Namfleg
The legacy of House of Faberge inspired Namfleg to create an exclusive collection of fine jewelry made of 18K gold and 925 sterling silver coated with cloisonné enamel. Paying tribute to traditions established by renowned Russian jeweler, we make all our jewelry entirely by hand. More than 50 highly skilled artisans, including the most talented Russian artists, enamellers and jewelers, have been creating Namfleg jewelry collections for 10 years.
Manufacture takes pride in having successfully revived traditions of such an important Russian decorative technique as enameling. Namfleg can be considered as important part of national heritage along with creations of Carl Faberge.
We in Namfleg profoundly believe that enamel hasn’t lost its importance even in 21st century. Rooted in ancient culture, this decorative technique meets all modern technical and style requirements.
As it was 4,000 years ago, enamel fascinated with a rich color palette, which turns Namfleg creations into something more than just a jewelry. It’s an organic material helping us to embody the most amazing ideas.
Cloisonné enamel jewelry is a modern luxury that you definitely can afford.
The best gift for your beloved one. No doubt.
Creating of Enamel Jewelry
The enamel jewelry is getting more and more popular. This jewelry is produced both by international brands and small private workshops. But notwithstanding the brand popularity the enamel jewelry will always be in great demand among clients thanks to its quality and colorfulness, corrosion and wear resistance. Enamel jewelry is regarded to be almost everlasting wear and it doesn’t need any special care. Enamel jewelry is also easy to wear and enamel doesn’t loose its brightness and color intensity in the course of time. Its only flaw comparing to gemstones is the chance of being split off upon impact, because, in fact, the enamel is just a thin layer of glass alloy.
The process of creating enamel jewelry is quite time-consuming and often unpredictable, because one wrong move of the artist can permanently spoil the whole product. Only craftsmanship perfected over the years is able to foresee and prevent all possible defects: uneven application and bubbles in the enamel or, for example, a color change after firing. It is believed that the artist can create only four small cloisonné enamel pieces a day. The reason for this low performance is that all operations with the piece are made only by hand, from casting metal to processing after firing.
Now we’ll describe process of making silver jewelry decorated with enamel step by step taking NAMFLEG company as example. Having red how difficult and laborious this work is, you'll understand why each piece is unique, and often belongs to category of high-end jewelry.
So, let’s begin talking about creation of enamel jewelry ...
- The first step of the jewelry creation is, of course, the creation of its design. This task is accomplished by team of artists and designers who need to take into account all the nuances of the treatment of enamel and create a pattern that will look clear and harmonious after firing. One of the most important nuances is a color palette of enamel, which sometimes does not allow to express the desired shade. However, artists often make experiments in collaboration with enamelers, using the most unusual combinations.
- Second step in the manufacture of jewelry is creating a metal base plate. Most preferred are metals resistant to the temperature at which the enamel melts - i.e. silver, gold or copper. In our case, we take the base plate made of 925 silver. It is cast and then polished for the greater adhesion to the enamel.
- Thin silver thread is used to form compartments or cloisones, which are filled with liquid enamel mass. As shown in the images, these laborious operations are made with tweezers. If the shape of cloisonné is complex, the wire pattern is created first, and only then it is dipped into a special solution that solders cloisonné and base plate during the firing process. Now the jewelry workpiece is ready!
- Next, the enameler prepares the enamel. The process includes milling, grinding and soaking enamel in water to achieve weight uniformity. Despite the seeming ease of this stage, it conceals plenty of professional secrets. In fact, any error may affect the final result of the whole process.
- Next, the powder mass is laid into cloisons with special spatula. This process requires maximum concentration and precision from artisan, since it’s very important to achieve clear, bright and homogeneous colors after firing. It is also important to consider that this process becomes more complicated due to the shape of jewelry. Ring is one of the most difficult shapes, because it gives the enameler a hard time to fill in all the cloisons uniformly.
- Enamel is fired in special muffle furnaces. After laying enamel into the furnace one must wait until water evaporates from the enamel mass, otherwise it will lead to cracking of the enamel in the furnace. Re-laying of enamel into the furnace after discovering any flaws becomes impossible. Enamel jewelry spends less than 5 minutes in the furnace preheated to about 800°C. Afterwards it usually becomes red-hot.
- Then pieces are removed from the oven and left to cool for some time. They mustn’t be cooled abruptly (using water, for example), since the enamel may crack.
- The last step in the jewelry creation is an accurate hand cleaning and polishing with the help of special tools. And only then we can finally say that the enamel jewelry is ready!
Having carefully considered all the stages of enamel production, we can see clear how many samplers have to be created and how many experiments should be performed and how many pieces should be spoiled before one make the perfect jewelry. Needless to mention the importance of the professionalism of the whole team, because the final appearance of the jewelry depends on each artisan. Will it be similar to other jewelry from the collection, or will there be some barely noticeable differences due to inaccuracies in calculations and will everything be spoiled? Only the solid team and new ideas, combined with the traditions and creative enthusiasm, can cope with all the difficulties. After all, every piece of art and beauty is created by trial, error and experiments.
All that glitters is not enamel
Nowadays enamel jewelry is very popular and many companies from different countries offer enamel collections. However, we live in the age of cheap factory-made goods and genuine hot enamel is usually replaced by cheaper artificial analogs produced in China. Such enamel doesn’t look vey good and after wearing it develops cracks and starts to fade – to customer’s regret.
There are enamel jewelry producers in Europe, who tend to use cold white enamel with patterns applied using such industrial method as pad stamping. Applied in such a way, the pattern is often rubbed away when contacting with other jewelry, for example, when two enamel rings are worn on adjacent fingers.
Poor quality. Low-grade silver. Cheap factory production. Gets rubbed off and fades.
You deserve the best.
Your choice is hot cloisonné enamel.
Your choice is Namfleg.
- REFUND & WARRANTY POLICY
- The inclusion of any merchandise on our site does not imply, warrant or guarantee that the merchandise will be available if you wish to place an order to purchase it.
- We will have the right, at any time, to make changes to information about merchandise displayed on our site, for example information about prices, description or the availability of merchandise and we may do so without first giving you notice of the changes. We will not, however, make any changes to the price, availability or description of any merchandise after we have accepted an order to supply the merchandise to you.
NAMFLEG shipping packages are designed for safe travel.
NAMFLEG orders shipped from Hong Kong, forcing customers to deal with customs, duties, taxes, and brokerage fees on their own. These costs are now incorporated into our pricing for a simpler, faster ordering experience across the board.
The declared value of packages will reflect what you paid for your order. The value and shipping information will be printed on a sticker on the outside of the package. We will not be able to mark them as a gift or undervalue the package.Your incoming package may be subject to VAT or other customs fees. These charges are beyond our control or prediction and you will be responsible for paying them. Please contact your country’s customs officials for more information.
- Invoices for Orders are emailed once payment has been processed.
- CE Certification for Europe can be found here. If customs has difficulty associating those reports with NAMFLEG— please show then pages 136 to 139 of the CE report. These pages show pictures of NAMFLEG through various stages of the CE/IC certification tests. Please note: referenced page numbers will only appear correctly after downloading / printing the documents. They will not show accurately if simply viewed online.
- IC Certification for Canada can be found here. If customs has difficulty associating those reports with NAMFLEG— please show them page 111 in the IC report.
Please note: referenced page numbers will only appear correctly after downloading / printing the documents. They will not show accurately if simply viewed online.
What is NAMFLEG’s declared value?
The value and shipping information is printed on a sticker on the outside of the package when your NAMFLEG is shipped. We will not be able to mark them as a gift or undervalue the package, this means that your incoming package may be subject to VAT or other customs fees.
Why was I charged customs?
We have tried to make sure all international customers are prepared for the possible charges by posting this message on our website during the checkout process:
Duties and taxes are calculated and charged by customs officials in your country. As such, they are beyond our control. As the importer of record, you are responsible for duties, taxes, and any other charges that your country chooses to impose for the import.
If you feel you were overcharged for importation, our recommendation is to dispute the charge with the agency charging you. If they refuse to lower the charge and you do not want to pay it, you can reject the shipment and it will be sent back to us. We will be able to refund your order once we receive the package back at our fulfillment center.
How much will customs charges be for my country?
As charges are individually assessed by your country’s officials upon import, we are unable to provide an estimate on how much you may be charged for customs. Charges vary from cases to case. Instead, please try contacting the customs officials in your country to get a better idea of what the customs charges may be for your order.
When will my order ship?
In stock NAMFLEG’s ship within 24 hours. If some or all of the colors that you selected are out of stock, we will ship the backorders as soon as they become available again. Your card will not be charged for backordered items until they are available for shipping again. Current payment options are Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, JCB, Diners Club. We will send you a confirmation email with the tracking number and carrier as soon as your NAMFLEG ships. Transit times depend upon the shipping option selected and where you are located.
What email address will the shipping notification come from?
All important status / shipping updates about your NAMFLEG order will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take a moment to add that address to your safe-senders list so that you don’t miss our email.
Pre-order refund policy:
If you have purchased NAMFLEG product(s) during the pre-order round, we regret to inform you that there is no refunds on your order unless it is claimed as a defect (please refer to our warranty section). In exchange for one-time deep discounts, customers are expected to sacrifice on small variations on the design (due to production limitations), possible delays in delivery, wait time, as well as a no-refund policy.
Standard refund policy (non-pre-order):
If you are not satisfied with your purchase of NAMFLEG products from namfleg.com for any reason, you have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. Only items that have been purchased directly from namfleg.com, can be returned to NAMFLEG. NAMFLEG products purchased through other retailers must be returned in accordance with their respective returns and refunds policy.
If you would like to return your NAMFLEG Product, please contact us at email@example.com for instructions and a return authorization number.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. We will not refund or exchange any product that is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
To process your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
Please note that any return shipping duties/taxes charged to NAMFLEG will be deducted from the eligible store credit.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 10 business days.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged per our one-year limited warranty. If you need to contact us regarding warranty coverage, send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for paying for shipping to return your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
We encourage you to use a shipping method that has tracking features as we cannot issue your refund until we have received your merchandise.
NAMFLEG jewelry is made of 925 sterling silver with champlevé enamel decoration. All pieces were galvanically gold-plated or rhodium-plated (platinum group metal).
Handle jewelry carefully. Avoid mechanical impact on the product, i.e. compression, stretching, shock, do not clean with abrasive agents. Avoid chemical exposure. Enamel contact with alkali, acid and grease, i.e. with detergents and cosmetics, can spoil the appearance of the jewelry. Do not swim in jewelry in the sea, because sea water is an electrolyte, in which a variety of chemical substances damaging for the enamel is dissolved.
In case of damaging the product, please contact NAMFLEG restoration workshop, where our jewelers will determine the nature of damage and will restore your jewelry. Guarantee on earrings’ closures is unlimited. Even if it’s not a warranty case, feel free to contact us for the restoration of your jewelry.
If all above-mentioned recommendations are maintained, NAMFLEG jewelry will become one of your family jewels for centuries. Famous jeweler Carl Faberge created enamel jewelry over 140 years ago, and still after all these years we can admire the original beauty of his creations.
Obtaining warranty services
To obtain warranty service for any Product that is subject to the foregoing warranty, Consumer must notify NAMFLEG (email@example.com) to obtain a Return Material Authorization («RMA») and return the defective Product to the address specified by NAMFLEG in connection with the RMA.
When you will send defective product, please include a copy of your proof of purchase (invoice). For non-warranty work, we will provide you with an estimate for your approval once we have received and assessed the damaged goods.
Please pack and ship all merchandise in an insured postal package.
Please include the following information with your merchandise:
- Your name
- Mailing address (street, city, state, zip code)
- Daytime phone number
- Email address
- Proof of purchase (invoice and/or warranty card)
- A letter explaining the cause for the return
- Please prominently mark on package label «returned for repairs» to expedite customs control.
Disclaimer: NAMFLEG is not responsible for damage, theft or loss during shipping. Please do NOT send watch in full packaging.
Creation of each item takes several hours of meticulous labour
Over 5 hours to do
Firing at 800° saves vivid colors for ages
Only precious metals: 18K gold and 925 sterling silver